Sunday, January 11, 2009

Marathons and Mozart

I guess you could say I started this year on the right foot. Lindsey Bennion and I ran the 5k on New Year's Eve, we started around 11:26, which would give us 34 minutes to get to the finish line. Not my best time, but part of the path was covered in ice so we knew we'd be walking some of it. The weather was perfect, it was even a little warmer than I expected! Even so, there were only about 20 people that showed up to run. Even with the ice, I finished 1 minute after midnight! So close! It ended up being one of my best New Year's celebrations, and I'm planning on doing it again next year! Even though they didn't give out shirts... I started out wearing the goggles just as a joke, but the wind was so cold everyone was jealous! I'm tentatively training for the Chicago marathon this fall, we'll see if I actually do it when the time comes, but for now it's fun to have something to shoot for.

Growing up, we had a book of Mozart songs, and I loved it. I would run to the kitchen and ask my mom to pick a number from 1-336, and whatever number she picked I'd go play that page from the book. It was my own little game to help me learn to sight-read music better. I lost track of it over the years, turns out my mom gave it to my brother, but we found another copy yesterday! I am so excited, playing it makes me feel like a kid again. I almost went and asked my mom to pick a number, but I resisted... for now...

7 comments:

Micaela said...

I would LOVE to sit and listen to you play. I pick number 14 for you to play today!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the run!!!

Tammi said...

You bet your bottom dollar I will be running next year with you!!!! I will even start training as soon as the weather changes. For now, I will walk to a tape inside, BORING:) What a sweet book. I bet it would make your mom get teary eyed if you went in and asked her to pick a number. . .

Micaela said...

Did you REALLY do page 14 just for ME!? I wish I could have heard you play! You KNOW I would have loved to hear you play! You are the greatest! The other day we were listening to Waterfall in the car and I just mentioned to Joe that you could play this and he was SO impressed. Then I sarted playing the air piano :) to show him how your hands used to cross to play the top notes... needless to say it is impressive!

Steffany said...

Hey Jordyn! That race looks super awesome and super cold! Way to go! It is so fun to see you on here! Thanks for finding me.

Renee said...

Okay, I pick EVERY number from 1-336...I LOVE to hear you play, and I don't even care what it is you're playing. Although, my favorite is still Canon in D....Love you!

Unknown said...

That is awesome I am signing up for that this year for sure!