Let me start this by saying- I have no idea how to get my pictures to cooperate with what I'm typing. I'm sure it's painfully obvious looking through my older posts, but for some reason it's even worse in this one. So I would just like to get it out in the open that I have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you. That being said, here are some random pictures that will not make sense until you read through the rest of the post!

The night started off with a fireside given by Quentin L Cook. He and his wife were in town for a meeting with some Stake Presidents in the area. He gave a good talk but his testimony at the end was absolutely amazing- totally gave me goosebumps. After the fireside we went to the Neon Phenomenon- it's like a black light party. But it was church sponsored, so there were too many lights on in the gym and not enough black lights, but Ellis and i still got all decked out. We decorated shirts and drew a few tattoos with highlighters. After taking random pictures with people we didn't know, we decided to go walk around Mill Ave. Weezer and a few other bands were in town so we wanted to go see how close we could get. Well we were definitely close enough to hear them, it was pretty cool to listen to a few songs. They sang "Pokerface" and the lead singer put on a blond wig and everything- pretty awesome. After the concert was over we had been hanging around by the parking lot. This big black bus started leaving so we started waving and taking pictures of the bis driver- who TOTALLY waved back at us, by the way. Well, turns out Weezer was on the bus! We were wishing we would have harassed them a little more, but at least we got some pictures! So people started clearing out and we wanted to go see our friend that was working security backstage. One guy walked up to the first security guard and told him we just wanted to walk back and say hi. The guard wasn't too excited about it, but said it was probably ok for just him, not his entourage. Well, being in the entourage I wanted to go as well, so we pretty much just started following him. The guard didn't say anything. On to the second guard. Jared- the first guy that walked in- barely even said anything to the guard, I heard something like "I'm just going right up here to talk to my friend." So he was in. We came walking up to the guard and he tried stopping us but I followed Jared's example and just said that we were with him and off we went. So that's how we got past guard #2. Guard #3 was our friend so we totally could have taken advantage of that and just ran backstage but decided we didn't want him to get fired yet, we'll find a more exciting way for that later on. As we were there talking to him the Jamba Juice guys came by and started giving out leftover smoothies to the security guards. We asked if there were any more and they said yes, they just had to go back in the concert area to get them and told us to wait by their van if we wanted one. Well of course, who is going to turn down a free Jamba? They came out with around 60 or so Jamba's, and since their boss wasn't there at the time, let us take as many as we could carry. It was awesome, but I did feel a little foolish walking around Mill Ave with all of our arms full of Jambas. After that I was beat and called it a night. But what a fun night it was!




No comments:
Post a Comment