Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Parry Post spoiler alert! and.... no pictures.

Those that may be reading the next Parry Post may want to skip the last part of this post, as most of it is directly from my email to Steph. But I will warn you before you get to that part if you want to keep it a surprise until we get the Post mailed out.
I am feeling pretty settled in Mesa, and have slipped into a nice routine. It definitely keeps me busy but I love everything I am doing.
We have a ward softball team that plays every Tuesday night, and so far we are undefeated! At the game last week we were in the second inning and were up a few runs. I was on second base, and started running to third once the ball was hit. The thirdbaseman was a girl who, you could tell, didn't really know how to play. She's the one that stopped the ball and wasn't sure what to do. Her team started yelling at her to touch the base, and she and I both got to the base at around the same time. She saw my foot heading for the base and her first instinct was to stop me from touching it, and she did that by slamming her foot down on my ankle. By the time I hit the ground she was practically in the dugout already, didn't try to help me up or see if I was ok or anything. Well, it started swelling before I even got home, and by the next morning looked like I was smuggling a baseball above my foot.  Well...   ****STOP READING NOW IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED IN THE PARRY POST**** I'm on the Mesa College Tennis Team and had to go see the campus trainer to find out what he thought about my ankle. I was ready to go play even though it was huge and hurt a little. Well the trainer did not clear me for practice, and here it is over a week later- my ankle has gone from a baseball to a golfball and I finally got to practice today! I couldn't do all the drills but it felt great to be able to hit.
And on that note I'm off to bed, I have started a few other posts that will be full of pictures and specific events, but for now I'm tired.

No comments: