Saturday, October 16, 2010

One Fish, Two Fish


At a ward campout a few weeks ago, a guy in the ward had started to teach me how to fish. We decided it didn't count for a few reasons-
1. We didn't even cast the line out, just kind of dropped it in the water.
2. We didn't catch anything.
3. I wanted him to teach me again...
So a few weeks later we finally found a night that worked for both of us and headed out to a little neighborhood pond to see what we could get!

 Jaron started the night off right with a huge catch!
 Look how proud he is!
 It was a big guy...  I'll admit, I had forgotten about the whole- taking the hook out of its mouth so you can toss it back- part of fishing...
 Luckily we didn't use real bait. I have no problem putting hot dogs on a hook, but worms would have been a different story!
 My first fish!! I couldn't believe how heavy this guy was!
 It would sit perfectly still until I got about an inch from the hook then start thrashing around and trying to attack me! Jaron finally had to get the hook out so the poor guy didn't die...
 Before you feel too bad for Jaron for having to do all the gross stuff, he did make me hold the fish. This is as close as I could get it to my face.
 I think I was trying to pick it up to throw it back in, but it looks like I was about to pet it.
 Biggest fish of the night. Ended up breaking the line and almost biting off my finger.

 We caught another little guy right at the end.
I do believe this is my new favorite picture :)
I survived my first fishing attempt and racked up about 4 fish in less than 2 hours, I think. Even better- I didn't have to gut any of them!

1 comment:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

You are so cute, isnt that a new ward now? You moved right? AND you already have a fun social life. That didnt take you long, glad your having fun:)