Monday, November 15, 2010

Veteran's Day

 Jaron wanted to do something to celebrate Veteran's Day, so we decided to wake up at 5:30 (Anyone who knows me understands what an accomplishment that is) and go on a sunrise hike near Saguaro Lake. He knew of the perfect spot, and it was amazing! Totally worth waking up that early for, and that's saying something!
 Pay no attention to the red eyes, it was still about 6:30 at this point.
After the hike we went back to my apartment and I made breakfast while we waited for the next part of our day to start- babysitting my awesome nephew for the morning! Jaron had seen an ad in the paper at the Bass Pro Shop- they had all these kids games set up, so after being human jungle gyms for about an hour we gave up and went there. 
 The fish were as big as him!
 It took a minute to warm him up to get close to the bear...
 But I finally got him to pet it.
 "I want to ride on that!" 
Jaron- "Yeah buddy, I do too..."
 They had a remote control car set up, some other cars for racing,
 It's a good thing they finally ran out of batteries or we never would have gotten away!
 The kid knows how to handle his shotgun!
 This was his other favorite, but Jaron was a little concerned about how he was just jumping from one to the next. So...
 Safety first!
My nephew would hop in the driver's seat and say "Let's go guys!"

Such a fun day. My niece was at "Take your kids to work day" with her daddy but luckily this little guy wasn't old enough so I got him! I just hope the picture with the gun doesn't convince his parents that I shouldn't watch him next time... It's not real, I promise!

4 comments:

mandy said...

we don't normally allow him to handle guns in our care- but we'll let auntie get away with anything! thanks so much for an awesome day and helping us out.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

haha look at the amazing aunt! AND who is the guy your with??

Jordyn Parry said...

We had so much fun watching him Mandy, seriously I'll do that any time I can!
Hayley that is my boyfriend Jaron :) Met him in the ward, he's awesome!

John P Parry said...

Don't think my comment was published. I said something like this. "I was disappointed in your Blog. I thought when you said Darling you were going to write about me." Just kidding, course I never kid We love you very much. Grampa Parry