Chad and Elisa planned for us to go up in a hot air balloon ride! We headed to Utah on Friday to stay with them, and headed to Park City before 6am.
We got to watch everyone filling up the balloons
Chad and I helped fill up our balloon. They set up a big fan and we just had to hold the end open. When they filled our balloon they noticed two large holes and decided we better not go up in the air until it could be fixed. Now, I know what you're thinking- "It's a good thing they noticed that on the ground instead of in the air!" But I'm pretty sure the balloon would have flown just fine. Regardless of my assurances that we would be ok, we decided to reschedule for another day. With heavy hearts we watched all the other balloons float away, and ended up seeing three of them land near Jason's office.
The day was not lost, though. We signed up for The Dirty Dash 5k for that afternoon.
Here's our group waiting for our 11:40 run time. We made sure to get plenty of before shots while we could still tell who everyone was.
Believe it or not, I am actually a lot cleaner in this picture than I was halfway through the race. The only thing you could see on my was my teeth- even my eyelashes were so caked in mud you couldn't see past them to my eyes!
We had some guys throw mud at us thinking it would be a fun picture, but the timing wasn't right so we just look weird.
This wall was deceptively hard to get over. Not for anyone else, but I sure struggled with it. You couldn't get a foot hold cause it was too slippery and just kept breaking away.
I was still smiling in this picture because I didn't know how cold the showers were going to be. Luckily you went numb after a few seconds and could get enough mud off to at least get home.
It was such a fun idea and we already started making costume ideas for next year- think tutus and shower caps. Anyone else that wants to be part of the Parry group just let us know!
4 comments:
looks like so much fun! hope another hot air balloon ride works out soon- could you come pick me up it vegas?! i've always wanted to ride in one. :)
Now that 5K sounds interesting! I've been so excited to see your pictures! You should get your mom and dad to run with you next year.
i'm in for next year!
Too bad about the balloons, be sure to have pictures from above when you do go!
Post a Comment