My mom was in Phoenix this weekend for my nephew's birthday, so my dad and I decided to have some fun so we wouldn't just sit at home crying and missing her too much. First we played three sets of tennis- I used to give him a pretty good run for his money, and I figured with how much I've been playing lately I may finally be able to beat him. But after a year on the college tennis team I only won three games. Out of all three sets. Yikes...
After that, my dad decided to lift my spirits and take a motorcycle ride up to Alpine Wyoming and check out the progress on the landslide.
 |
| Here is the first view of the landslide- past the signs saying "No public access! Do not enter under penalty of law!" My dad must not have seen them... |
 |
| Tried getting a picture of the thermostat- it was 52 degrees! |
 |
| The landslide pulled the road down with it. |
| | | | |  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| The mud made it halfway across the river! This poor tree was sticking straight out. |
 |
| This guy came up and kindly asked us to leave. He tried acting tough, but then he followed us to my dad's motorcycle and started asking all sorts of questions about it and about Idaho Falls and- as my dad said- started 'flirting it up pretty good.' |
 |
| We met Lauren, Steve and Sharon for dinner and then got on the real cold weather gear for the ride home. |
 |
| This is where my heated jacket plugs into the bike, the heated gloves and heated pants plug into the jacket. I decided not to wear the heated socks, I had to be a little tough. Plus, I don't know that the heated socks would have fit in my new green cowboy boots and I definitely wasn't going to take them off. |
It ended up being a really fun day (yes mom, we missed you and can't wait for you to come home) and seeing that landslide was pretty cool. They are hoping to have everything taken care of really soon so it looks like we can still go rafting for my birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment