Thursday, November 20, 2008

Memories of Florence

This is a picture of the hostel my mom and I stayed at in Florence, Italy. It's called the David Inn, and it's right down the street from the Duomo, GREAT location!! We got there at around 10:00 at night and went to check in, and it turns out they had double booked our room! They were getting ready to put my mom in a co-ed room with 3 boys but thankfully noticed we had reserved the room with 4 girls first. They moved the 2 girls' stuff out of our room (while they were gone) and let us check in. But one of our roommates wasn't totally happy with that, she felt bad for the other girls, so she started saying that she and her sister would share a bed and that my mom and I could sleep in the same bed too... Do you see how small these beds are?? Everything worked out in the end and we got our own beds in the girls' room.

Florence ended up being one of my favorite cities on the trip. We randomly stumbled across the tombs of Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Galileo, Danti, Machiavelli, Brunelleschi and Florence Nightingale. These are two of the desk clerks at the David Inn. The dude with the dreads had posted a review online about the hostel and had a few MAJOR translation problems... So we took a minute and helped him re-do it, and he ended up taking 10 Euros off the price of our room and gave us a few water bottles! It was pretty sweet. He looks a little freaky but he was so nice. The other guy just didn't really speak a lot of English, just kinda sat there and smiled at everything. It was a great city to visit and I really hope to go back again some day!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

WOW, it sounds like you had one heck of an experience!! It's crazy to see the difference between the U.S. and Europe. How were those beds, eh....they look extremely comfortable! LOL. I am jealous of you and your mom.....I would LOVE to go to Europe, that would be so fun! Some day, maybe :)

Missy said...

Jordyn, you're so lucky, it sounds like you're trip was a blast! You need to post more pictures! I'm glad you and your mom had fun! Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon. Oh by the way, how did you like Twilight? I saw it yesterday. I thought it was good, but a bit corny. I was definitely expecting better!

Micaela said...

How cool! Those beds look a little bit less than cozy, but who cares right? You were in ITALY!!! Awesome! I want to see some more pictures!!