Monday, December 13, 2010

15 days of Christmas

 December has been pretty amazing. Jaron and I have been to see the lights at the temple about 3 times a week. They have concerts there every night at 7, and it's just so fun to walk around for an hour.
 About a month ago I ordered tickets for Jon Schmidt, and was able to talk Jaron in to coming. His sister and her husband came as well, and it was incredible! He had a cellist with him and they did all sorts of mash-ups with crazy songs- Don't Worry, Be Happy was put with Phantom of the Opera. The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow was mixed with the Emperor's Death March from Star Wars- "The Death Star Will Come Out Tomorrow", and things like that. It was so fun! Jon did his usual back flips, playing with his toes and all those fun little tricks that I just love.
 The next night was Brian Regan. When I got the tickets I wanted to keep it a secret from Jaron until the night but I was just too excited. I told him I had a surprise and with that he knew I'd spill it. I ended up telling him that the Dancing with the Stars tour was in Tucson (which it was) and I was able to get tickets for us cause I knew how much he liked dancing. The look on his face was priceless. He was trying to act excited and did a pretty good job- and if I didn't see his real excitement when I told him what it really was I might have believed it.
It was such a good show, all new jokes, great opening act, perfect night! The timing was great- Jaron finished all his finals last week and I had all my hard ones taken care of, so being able to see both performers last weekend was exactly the stress relief we both needed.  So what's next? Well, I hear Wicked is coming in January...

3 comments:

Sarah boo said...

Sounds pretty fun!

Micaela said...

You two are so cute! Mr. Schmidt and Mr. Reagan!? Sound like a PERFECT date!! Love you George!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

You have been busy! What a great couple you two make:)