Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Merry Christmas Darling!

This post will be a consolidation of Christmas break, from school getting out to New Year's. Jaron and I celebrated Christmas early, he gave me the piano music to a few Jane Austen movies- my favorite being Sense and Sensibility. I gave him a sushi making kit and we broke it in with some Crab/avocado and chicken teriyaki rolls. We need some practice on the presentation, but they tasted amazing!
 Jaron knows how much I love looking at Christmas lights and took every possible opportunity to take me around to see some good ones. Dave had showed me this house near where they live and I just had to show Jaron. They decorated every inch of the roof, siding, yard, I mean every inch. Totally crazy. Jaron also goes along with my love of taking pictures of us everywhere we go. Here we are doing our surprised face. Then I said we should do another one making a 'What in the world are we looking at here' face...
 ... and at the last second Jaron leaned over and kissed me so it just looks like I'm disgusted.
 I made it to Idaho on the Monday before Christmas- just in time to deliver Christmas presents with the branch!
 Love this family!
 On Christmas Eve we went to the Fuller's house with everyone, and each family was supposed to bring an appetizer or treat, so we decided to make some melting snowman cookies that my mom found. Jason even helped with the decorating and had some fun with yellow frosting...

 This one was probably my favorite
 For Christmas we got a tandem bike, and there was just enough road for my dad and I to try it out. My mom was embarrassed by my outfit but my dad powered through and rode with me.
 With minor chain problems we made it around the streets a few times, it's going to be really fun!
 Jaron had planned on coming up on Wednesday, but then we found out there was supposed to be a huge storm and he didn't want to me on the road for it. So, being the great boyfriend he is, he took an extra day off from work and came up a day early! I met him down in Salt Lake and Jason came and walked around temple square with us.
 I think he was stalling- we were getting ready to go outside and play in the snow.
 Tried to make Jaron feel more at home and built this huge snow cactus!
 Poor Katie locked her keys in her car so Jaron had to break in.
 Love this town in the snow!
 I was surprised at how much Jaron liked the cold! Here he is doing a baseball slide in the middle of the street, and yes dad, he did stop at the stop sign :)
 We also went to the cabin with my mom and dad for the day and got some good sledding and snowmobiling in.

 Luckily we still have snowsuits at the cabin, because Arizonians just aren't prepared for the cold like they should be!
Jaron is really good about getting me around pianos pretty often. He'll have me play a few songs and then we always end up playing through the hymn book together. Here we are trying to play a duet of Pachabel Canon.

It was such a great break, got lots of family time and had a blast showing Jaron around town. He handled the cold a lot better than I expected and even made a goal to go outside barefoot in negative weather- one night we made it to -4 so that was the night! I'm glad we got to see so many people and that Jaron got to meet a bunch of my friends, for those we missed- come on down to Arizona!

5 comments:

Sarah boo said...

Looks like you are having a blast in all of your pictures. We hope we get to meet your boyfriend soon.

Barbara Sue said...

I'm sad I missed you when you were here Jordyn!

krystale said...

so fun!! you are so cute. I miss you!!

John P Parry said...

My funny comment about "Darline" got posted on your Nov 15th blog.
I have never made a mistake before.
Love You Grampa Parry

Skylette said...

I love you and your pops on the tandem bike! You can't get a bike for Christmas and not bust it out! Good for you ;)