Sunday, October 4, 2009

Why not?

I have unfinished homework piled up beside me, it's almost my bedtime, and I haven't done any laundry in a few days, so of course I choose this time to update my blog.
This weekend was General Conference, and my mom, dad and I went down to Salt Lake for a few sessions. My dad is getting released from his calling as Stake Pres in a few weeks so this is probably the last time for a while that we'd be able to go. We drove down Saturday morning and listened to the first session in the car, went to the second session then had some dinner with Jason, Chad, Elisa and Eden. We had tickets for Sunday morning, went back to Chad and Elisa's and then listened to the afternoon session in the car. This morning we got to park in the church office building. We were headed toward the stairs, and this golf cart went flying by with Elder Nelson in it! He didn't offer us a ride, but my mom said 'Hi' and he said 'Good Morning!' It was pretty cool! Conference was really nice, It's so fun to walk around the conference center, and one member even made it enjoyable to walk past the protesters- he had dressed as Satan and had a sign saying that the protesters were his minions doing his bidding. We also randomly saw my cousin Matt Millburn(e)- he was singing hymns, not protesting.
I have decided to get back into cooking fun things. For all the cousins, etc that want to join me, I hope to make this a weekly project so start looking for fun recipes and we can try some stuff out! This is my next project from Bakerella-

Mini pumpkin pie bites. Now how cute is that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an enjoyable weekend. That's cool you saw Elder Nelson.
I want to try out those mini pumpkin bites yummy!

Sarah boo said...

Yum.We'll have to make something good over Thanksgiving. Speaking of Thanksgiving, is there going to be a 5k in IF that day? If so, do you want to do it with me again? Even though you will WAY beat me litte miss marathon, I still think it would be fun.

krystale said...

eh hem... will you be posting recipes? because even though I'm no cousin... I would love to bake those tiny morsels of delishisnous.